What are the five things you shouldn’t overlook when purchasing a property in our East Bay market?
1. The home’s surrounding neighborhood. Take a look at the neighborhood at all times of the day. What does it look like at night, or during the morning, or during the afternoon? Is the neighborhood conducive to what you might be looking for?
2. Your daily commute. What’s your trip to work going to look like from your new property? If your commute might be a long one, you might want to take a look at it during the busiest commute hours in the morning and evening.
3. Whether or not the CC&Rs or HOAs limit what you can do with the property. This means exterior enhancements, paint, etc.
4. Whether or not you can rent out the property. If you plan on purchasing the home for a short period of time and then renting it out, you might not be allowed to do so if the home is located in an HOA area.
5. Things you can’t change about the property later on. If you don’t like the lot size, for example, you might be limited in making future enhancements to it, so take a look at that and decide whether you want to reconsider or not.
If you have any other questions about buying a home in our area, just give me a call or send me an email. I would be happy to help you!